Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last day of vacation...

(This is the pool I swim at --->)

Well today is my last day of Vacation, It was a good vacation at home minus the back pain I had from hurting my back at physio, The pain is still there 24/7 but is getting weaker and weaker.



This morning I hit the pool earlier then normal because i have court at 1:30pm today, I loved it earlier because it was almost empty, I did 1 warm up lap then decided to go for my personal best, I started and at 75m i felt OK, so I went for 1 more length I made it, the last 25m was alittle sloppy but I did 100m without stopping, it felt great! It makes my goal of 750m feel alittle closer.


There's a female swimmer at the pool who swims like a fish, one of my old timer buddies told me that she is in her 50's (looks like her late 30's to early 40's) and at one time she had a chance to go to the Olympics.

She was there today, I didn't want to bother her during her swim but as she was getting ready to get out of the pool I said hello, and picked her brain and got a few tips, which I tried out.

My favorite tip which I'll use every time I hit the pool will be using the Swimming Pull Buoy, I used it for about 6 lengths, I liked it alot, but it took alittle getting used to keeping your body straight.

Question: What are your favorite swimming drills?

Well off to HQ now to get all dressed up for court, I hope it's a quick one today, last time in court it took forever...

Kennyo

1 comment:

  1. Buy the Total Immersion DVD. It has a bunch of basic drills. They can be boring, but stick with it and you will see results. I shaved off 4 mins between my 2nd and 3rd sprint triathlon swim due to these drills.

    http://www.totalimmersion.net/

    ReplyDelete