Thursday, December 9, 2010

10km in Five Fingers

Yesterday I ran my First 10km run in over 2 years, and it was done in my Vibram Five Fingers.

My Achilles had been alittle sore after upping my distance too quick so the last little while I rested my feet by doing shorter runs, but I was feeling good yesterday so I decided to push it alittle.

As I was sliding into my Five Fingers I was thinking about running 6-7kms, but as I started running and my Achilles felt good I was thinking about running 8km's.

As I got to the half way mark (4km) I thought why not run another km and make the half way mark 10km....

Around the 7 or 8 km mark I came to a crazy steep hill, I thought to myself, this is where I make it or break it... I struggled up the hill and I was so happy....

I finished my 10km run, my legs felt alittle heavy, But I felt soo proud that I did it.......

Love my Five Fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment