Saturday, October 27, 2018

The Ikea Guy

So recently I have been getting the Itch to buy a truck, I currently drive a little Mazda 3 which is a nice car and all but it's not a truck.

I am not 100% sure what truck I would go for, I have always wanted a Tacoma but having 3 kids now I think a Tacoma would be a little tight. After a Tacoma I would like a Ford F150 or you could talk me into a Sierra.

So how will I pay for this truck?

Being on shift work it gives me 4 days off where I could make little extra money, but what would I do?

I first explored the idea of cleaning heat pumps, when we recently moved I got a quote to have our heat pumps cleaned but decided to do it myself, I felt I did a good job and it was pretty easy, I explored that for a while but felt there were too many moving parts to start that up.

What I settled on came natural, recently here in my city Ikea moved in and having always traveled to buy Ikea stuff I was used to putting it together, Heidi ( my wife ) would always say " I can never do that " or " You should do that for other people" as I enjoyed putting together Ikea items.

So one day I threw up a Kijiji Ad and low and behold the frustrated Ikea customers starting coming.

It's been a month of picking up Ikea jobs here and there, I met my goal for the month and it didn't drive me crazy.

I have set a dollar amount that if I can achieve that each month I'd be comfortable in buying a truck.

Can I buy a truck without this " side hustle" ?

Yes I can afford a Truck payment but I like the idea of keeping our current budget as is and paying the extra money a truck would cost vs my Mazda lease by a side job.

I've learned alot this month from putting together ikea furniture, I'll share some stories as I go.

Thanks
Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment