Thursday, November 23, 2017

Kick Starting The Keto Diet

Hey Guys,

Today I start back on the Keto Diet, I used it last year and lost about 30lbs but I'm back up about
20lbs in the last 6 months so i need to get back into it again. I really loved doing the Keto Diet, I would say it's more a lifestyle vs a diet. I always felt full, had lots of energy and got to eat yummy fat filled food. Who can complain about Bacon, eggs and chocolate peanut butter fat bombs?

Since I'm kicking off the Keto Diet today I feel like I want to kick start the process of getting into Ketosis and hoping these few tips will speed up the process.

3 Simple Steps:

  • Intermittent Fasting - I'll do a full post later about intermittent fasting, but basicly I'll not eat for 16-20 hours then after the fast I'll consume my normal calories. The idea of fasting is that during the fast my body will be forced to burn off my extra carbs (glycogen stores)
  • Limit your Carbs - These first few days I'll really limit my Net Carb intake, but up my good fat intake ( MCT Oils like Coconut oil ) , during Ketosis I try to stay around 50 Net Carbs ( Net Carbs = carbs - fiber) but these first few days I'll keep it between 20-30 Net Carbs.
  • Be Active - During my fast today I'll head downstairs and do some cardio on the Rower, I idea is that since my body will still be looking for carbs ( glycogen) to burn, the cardio will speed up the process of burning glycogen stores, then the body will start to change to burn fat for energy.
So here are 3 simple tricks to speeding up your transition into fat burning ( Ketosis ). I'll do a full post last on Ketosis Diet and Intermittent Fasting.

Enjoy your Day 
Kennyo


No comments:

Post a Comment